2017 SPRING AND SUMMER REGISTRATION- BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL
2017 CUTOFF DATE FOR ALL AGE DIVISIONS REMAINS AT APRIL 30.
ALL MANAGERS- BE ADVISED TNE NJBL WILL KEEP THE SAME CUTOFF DATE THAT WE HAVE BEEN USING.
THE AGE CUTOFF DATE WILL REMAIN THE SAME FOR 2017 FOR ALL AGES. THE AGE CUTOFF DATE IS APRIL 30.
EXAMPLE- IF A PLAYER TURNS 11 ON MAY 1, OR LATER, THAT PLAYER MAY PLAY AT THE 10 YEAR OLD LEVEL FOR THAT YEAR.
EXAMPLE- IF A PLAYER TURNS 13 ON MAY 1, OR LATER, THAT PLAYER MAY PLAY AT THE 12 YEAR OLD LEVEL FOR THAT YEAR.
THIS RULE APPLIES TO ALL AGES.
NJBL Tournaments 2017
NJBL Tournaments 2017
Check out our new scoring system with a mobile app that will make it super easy to retrieve your teams schedule and standings during the tournaments. Some other features are:
- Online Registration
- Credit card acceptance
- Upload rosters online
- Group text messaging and emails for up to date changes
- Display of teams registered
- Much more...
Tournaments- Dates to be announced
9u, 10u $600
11u and Older $700
CONTACT : Jeff Sullivan 914-772-5334
· WOOD BAT- we are offering a wood division for all ages during all seasons. As long as there is interest we will set it up. Contact me with additional questions.
· 10 YEAR OLDS- 10-75’ BASES OR 10-70' BASES- if you’re interested in a 10-75’ or a 10-70' division this year let me know. You will be able to sign up on line for that division. If we have enough teams we will go with it. We had very good response last year.
· 12-90’ DIVISION- a few managers have asked me to include a 12-90’ division for the spring and summer season. Usually we only do a 12-90’ for the fall season BUT if I have enough interest I will set up a division for the spring and summer as well. If you are interested either let me know, or, when you register for the season indicate 12-90’ on the registration form. If we have enough interest we will go with it. You can also consider playing up in a weak 13-year-old division if we don’t do a 12-90’ division.
· FIELDS- if your team is requesting a field from the TOWN OF HEMPSTEAD or the TOWN OF HUNTINGTON you must contact Frank Sullivan to let him know, by email, to email@example.com.
NOTE- There are Huntington field use charges. These fees go to the TOWN, not the league. Additionally, teams that are 13 and older must have a Town recreation ID card. Contact the Town for further information, 631 351 3103 about the card. Contact Frank Sullivan about Town field usage fees.
· The registration deadline for the SPRING is March 10. Your team must be registered on line at www.nationaljunior.com and we must have a $200 deposit on file by that date. The scheduling meeting date, time and location will be announced in early March. Managers that are registered and have a deposit on file will be notified. The SPRING season will begin the weekend of April 1. The registration deadline for the SUMMER: 13 and older- April 30; 12 and younger June 2. The 24 game summer season for the 13 and older begins the weekend of June 3, for 12 and younger the 16 game season begins the weekend of June 24. FOR 13 AND OLDER, AS WELL AS 12 AND YOUNGER, THE PLAYOFFS WILL BE OVER BY AUGUST 13, NO EXCEPTIONS.
· SIGNING UP- TO SIGN UP FOR ANY SEASON GO TO OUR WEB SITE AT WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM AND CLICK ON TEAM REGISTRATION.
· PLAYOFFS- playoffs will be held the week of August 7 to August 13. The playoff format is outlined in our rules. Trophies will be awarded to the top two finishers in league play and to the WINNER of the playoffs.
· INSURANCE- remember- your liability and medical insurance is included in your league fee- your team must be registered and there must be a deposit on file with the league for your insurance to be effective. Our insurance runs from January 1 to Dec. 31 of the year that you are registered. The insurance is effective as long as you are registered and playing in the National Junior Baseball League (NJBL). It covers your players and coaches for liability and medical during practices, tournaments and games played in NY or outside of NY. It is a secondary insurance policy.
· TOP MANAGER AWARDS- NJBL umpires will vote on a top manager for all 3 seasons in the following divisions: 60’ bases and 75/ 90’ bases. The top managers will be presented with the Eric Reistetter Manager of the Year Award at the annual umpire dinner held in late November for that year. Eric, who died in a tragic accident in February 2007, was a well-respected person, manager and umpire, who knew and understood the game of baseball and enjoyed teaching the game to our youth. The award winners for 2014 were Bobby Murphy- Oceanside, Joe Hennie- Central Islip and Terri Rachuta- Blaze. The award winners for 2015 were- Nancy Indimine- Smithtown; Angelo Randazzo- Rebbles; John Musmacker- LI Athletics; 2016 award winner- Scott Kiley- LI Hawks.
· GIRLS SOFTBALL- If interested, please contact Jeff Sullivan, 914 772 5334, email firstname.lastname@example.org
· TOURNAMENTS- (Memorial Day, Pre season bash, etc.) check our web site for tournament updates. There are handouts at tonight’s meeting. You may also contact Jeff Sullivan, 914 772 5334, email email@example.com
· UMPIRE TRAINING- any members interested umpiring please email me or let me know in person.
· CPR and AED TRAINING FOR MANAGERS- in 2017 we will continue to offer CPR/AED training to NJBL managers. Some managers have expressed an interest and are on the list to be included in the class. Please let a NJBL representative know if you are interested before you leave tonight. You can do so at the check in desk in front of the Media Room. The fee to take the course is $35 per person. This will cover our costs to run the program. If you already let us know you are interested please confirm your name is on our list.
· CHECK OUT OUR WEB SITE AT WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM FOR LEAGUE FEES, UMPIRE FEES AND REGISTRATION DEADLINES. JUST CLICK ON ANNOUNCEMENTS THEN THE APPROPRIATE BUTTON IN THE MENU ON THE RIGHT. YOU MAY ALSO VIEW OUR RULES.
· BATS- 13 AND OLDER TEAMS- THE ONLY METAL BAT ALLOWED FOR 13 AND OLDER TEAMS IS THE 2 5/8 MINUS 3 BBCOR BAT. ANY WOOD BAT IS ALLOWED. NOTE- THERE IS NO MINUS REQUIREMENT FOR WOOD BATS.
75' bases:- any 2 1/4 metal barrel bat or 2 1/4 Composite bat on our list (see list on our web site)
Any 2 3/4 minus 8 1/2 or less metal barrel bat or ANY 2 3/4 USSSA BPF 1.15 RATED BAT with label
Any 2 5/8 minus 10 or less metal barrel bat or ANY 2 5/8 USSSA BPF 1.15 RATED BAT- with label
60' bases- ONLY 2 1/4 bats- ANY 2 ¼ metal barrel bat or 2 1/4 Composite barrel if it's on the Little League approved list or, if it has the USSSA 1.15 BPF label on the barrel.
NOTE- any wood bat is allowed in any division, no minus requirement.
· SLASH BUNTS- Slash bunts are prohibited on 60’ bases.
ALL MANAGERS ARE REQUIRED TO READ AND COMPLY WITH OUR “WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CONSENT FORM”. YOU MAY ACCESS THAT FORM ON OUR WEB SITE AT WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM JUST CLICK ON ANNOUNCEMENTS THEN GO TO THE MENU ON THE RIGHT AND CLICK ON “WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CONSENT FORM”. PLAYERS, COACHES AND PARENTS OF PLAYERS MUST READ AND ADHERE TO OUR CODE OF CONDUCT WHICH IS ALSO FOUND ON THE WEB SITE.