2015 FALL SEASON SCHEDULING MEETINGS
ALL MANAGERS REGISTERED TO PLAY IN THE NJBL FOR THE 2015 SUMMER SEASON- THE SCHEDULING MEETING DETAILS ARE BELOW. YOU MUST HAVE A DEPOSIT ON FILE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE SCHEDULE. THE MEETINGS WILL BE HELD ON THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2015
THE MEETING WILL BE HELD IN THE MEDIA ROOM AT THE H LEE DENNISON BLDG, 100 VETERANS MEMORIAL HWY, HAUPPAUGE, 3/4 OF A MILE EAST OF THE END OF THE NORTHERN STATE PARKWAY. ENTER THROUGH THE EAST ENTRANCE. TEAMS WITH A DEPOSIT ON FILE WILL BE ENTERED ON THE SCHEDULE. FULL PAYMENT IS DUE AT THE MEETING. IF YOU DO NOT INTEND ON PLAYING PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
BASEBALLS WILL BE SOLD AT THE MEETING: 12 AND YOUNGER-DIAMOND DOL-1- $40 PER DOZEN. 13 AND OLDER DIAMOND DOL-A $45.
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
6:15 PM- ALL SOFTBALL- 10 YEAR OLDS, 12 YEAR OLDS, 14 YEAR OLDS AND 16 YEAR OLDS
7 PM 17/18 YEAR OLDS
15/16 YEAR OLDS
14 YEAR OLDS
13 YEAR OLDS
12-75 ' BASES
7:30 PM 11-75' BASES
8 PM 9 YEAR OLDS
8 YEAR OLDS
2015 FALL REGISTRATION IS ONGOING
NJBL Summer Slam Aug 22-23
NJBL SUMMER SLAM
AUG. 22-23 2015
NJBL Tournaments 2015
NJBL Tournaments 2015
We are working on a fantastic new scoring system and a mobile app that will make it super easy to retrieve your teams schedule and standings during the tournaments. Some other new features are:
- Online Registration
- Credit card acceptance
- Upload rosters online
- Group text messaging and emails for up to date changes
- Display of teams registered
- Much more...
May 23-25 Memorial Day
Aug. 22-23 Summer Slam
Oct. 24-25 Monster Mash
9u, 10u $600
11u and Older $700
CONTACT : Jeff Sullivan 914-772-5334
2015 NJBL REGISTRATION IS OPEN - SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL
ALL MANAGERS- Registration is now open for the 2015 Summer season. You may register on line at www.nationaljunior.com. Just click on TEAM REGISTRATION in the blue bar at the top. Insurance is included in the league fee. If you need an insurance certificate please contact me.
For baseball- the 24 game Summer season, plus playoffs, will commence the weekend of May 30 for 13 AND OLDER TEAMS. For 12 AND YOUNGER baseball teams, and softball, the 16 game Summer season, plus playoffs, will commence the weekend of June 20. The playoffs for all age groups will end by August 9.
You may check out our league fees, umpire fees and Rules and Regulations by going to our web site, clicking on ANNOUNCEMENTS, then checking the menu on the right.
Please contact me with any questions.
· WOOD BAT- we are offering a wood division for all ages during all seasons. As long as there is interest we will set it up. Contact me with additional questions.
· 10 YEAR OLDS- 10-75’ BASES OR 10-70' BASES- if you’re interested in a 10-75’ or a 10-70' division this year let me know. You will be able to sign up on line for that division. If we have enough teams we will go with it. We had very good response last year.
· 12-90’ DIVISION- a few managers have asked me to include a 12-90’ division for the spring and summer season. Usually we only do a 12-90’ for the fall season BUT if I have enough interest I will set up a division for the spring and summer as well. If you are interested either let me know, or, when you register for the season indicate 12-90’ on the registration form. If we have enough interest we will go with it. You can also consider playing up in a weak 13-year-old division if we don’t do a 12-90’ division.
· FIELDS- if your team is requesting a field from the TOWN OF HEMPSTEAD or the TOWN OF HUNTINGTON you must contact Frank Sullivan to let him know, by email, to email@example.com.
NOTE- There are Huntington field use charges. These fees go to the TOWN, not the league. Additionally, teams that are 13 and older must have a Town recreation ID card. Contact the Town for further information, 631 351 3103 about the card. Contact Frank Sullivan about Town field usage fees.
· The registration deadline for the SPRING is March 10. Your team must be registered on line at www.nationaljunior.com and we must have a $200 deposit on file by that date. The scheduling meeting date, time and location will be announced in early March. Managers that are registered and have a deposit on file will be notified. The SPRING season will begin the weekend of March 29. The registration deadline for the SUMMER: 13 and older- April 30; 12 and younger June 2. The 24 game summer season for the 13 and older begins the weekend of May 30, for 12 and younger the 16 game season begins the weekend of June 20. FOR 13 AND OLDER, AS WELL AS 12 AND YOUNGER, THE PLAYOFFS WILL BE OVER BY AUGUST 9, NO EXCEPTIONS.
· SIGNING UP- TO SIGN UP FOR ANY SEASON GO TO OUR WEB SITE AT WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM AND CLICK ON TEAM REGISTRATION.
· PLAYOFFS- playoffs will be held the week of August 3 to August 9. The playoff format is outlined in our rules. Trophies will be awarded to the top two finishers in league play and to the WINNER of the playoffs.
· INSURANCE- remember- your liability and medical insurance is included in your league fee- your team must be registered and there must be a deposit on file with the league for your insurance to be effective. Our insurance runs from January 1 to Dec. 31 of the year that you are registered. The insurance is effective as long as you are registered and playing in the National Junior Baseball League (NJBL). It covers your players and coaches for liability and medical during practices, tournaments and games played in NY or outside of NY. It is a secondary insurance policy.
· TOP MANAGER AWARDS- NJBL umpires will vote on a top manager for all 3 seasons in the following divisions: 60’ bases and 75/ 90’ bases. The top managers will be presented with the Eric Reistetter Manager of the Year Award at the annual umpire dinner held in late November for that year. Eric, who died in a tragic accident in February 2007, was a well-respected person, manager and umpire, who knew and understood the game of baseball and enjoyed teaching the game to our youth. The award winners for 2014 were Bobby Murphy- Oceanside, Joe Hennie- Central Islip and Terri Rachuta- Blaze.
· GIRLS SOFTBALL- If interested, please contact Jeff Sullivan, 914 772 5334, email firstname.lastname@example.org
· TOURNAMENTS- (Memorial Day, Pre season bash, etc.) check our web site for tournament updates. There are handouts at tonight’s meeting. You may also contact Jeff Sullivan, 914 772 5334, email email@example.com
· NEW WEB SITE- we are still in the process of updating our web site. The web site address is- WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM. This will remain the same.
· UMPIRE TRAINING- any members interested in joining our family of NJBL umpires please email me or let me know in person. Their training now includes CPR and AED instruction.
· CPR and AED TRAINING FOR MANAGERS- in 2015 we will be offering CPR/AED training to include NJBL managers. Some managers have expressed an interest and are on the list to be included in the class. Please let a NJBL representative know if you are interested before you leave tonight. You can do so at the check in desk in front of the Media Room. The fee to take the course is $35 per person. This will cover our costs to run the program. If you already let us know you are interested please confirm your name is on our list.
· CHECK OUT OUR WEB SITE AT WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM FOR LEAGUE FEES, UMPIRE FEES AND REGISTRATION DEADLINES. JUST CLICK ON ANNOUNCEMENTS THEN THE APPROPRIATE BUTTON IN THE MENU ON THE RIGHT. YOU MAY ALSO VIEW OUR RULES.
· BATS- 13 AND OLDER TEAMS- THE ONLY METAL BAT ALLOWED FOR 13 AND OLDER TEAMS IS THE 2 5/8 MINUS 3 BBCOR BAT. ANY WOOD BAT IS ALLOWED. NOTE- THERE IS NO MINUS REQUIREMENT FOR WOOD BATS.
75' bases:- any 2 1/4 metal barrel bat or 2 1/4 Composite bat on our list (see list on our web site)
Any 2 3/4 minus 8 1/2 or less metal barrel bat or ANY 2 3/4 USSSA BPF 1.15 RATED BAT with label
Any 2 5/8 minus 10 or less metal barrel bat or ANY 2 5/8 USSSA BPF 1.15 RATED BAT- with label
60' bases- ONLY 2 1/4 bats- ANY 2 ¼ metal barrel bat or 2 1/4 Composite barrel if it's on our list (Little League list on our web site), or, if it has the USSSA 1.15 BPF label on the barrel.
NOTE- any wood bat is allowed in any division, no minus requirement.
· NEW NJBL RULE for 2014- SLASH BUNTS- Slash bunts are prohibited on 60’ bases.
ALL MANAGERS ARE REQUIRED TO READ AND COMPLY WITH OUR “WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CONSENT FORM”. YOU MAY ACCESS THAT FORM ON OUR WEB SITE AT WWW.NATIONALJUNIOR.COM JUST CLICK ON ANNOUNCEMENTS THEN GO TO THE MENU ON THE RIGHT AND CLICK ON “WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY CONSENT FORM”. PLAYERS, COACHES AND PARENTS OF PLAYERS MUST READ AND ADHERE TO OUR CODE OF CONDUCT WHICH IS ALSO FOUND ON THE WEB SITE.